The earnings releases continue to flow again this week, with 63 companies in our coverage universe set to report, including Peloton and Disney.
Here are some key stats and highlights of the stocks to watch:
- Peloton will post results for its latest quarter before the open, Tuesday, May 10th.
- The company has run into various headwinds following the pandemic, most noticeably demand.
- Despite a slight increase in the previous quarter, Peloton Purchase Intent Mentions are backpedaling again, trending -44% QoQ and -50% YoY.
- Crypto exchange Coinbase will release its earnings after the close on Tuesday, May 10th.
- Coinbase PI mentions are pacing -33% QoQ and -18% YoY.
- Coinbase is down nearly 59% in 2022 to an all-time low, has been impacted by the overall market decline.
- Consumer mentions of purchasing or investing in cryptocurrency are at -28% QoQ.
Walt Disney Company (DIS):
- Disney will report after the close Wednesday, May 11th.
- The company has come under fire for its stance regarding the “Parental Rights in Education” bill, or what is more commonly known as the “Don’t Say Gay” bill.
- We noted in April that it fueled Disney+ cancellation mentions, although there has been a sharp turnaround since.
- Mentions of Disney+ new subscriptions are trending -8% QoQ and +13% YoY.
Affirm Holdings (AFRM):
- Another company reporting this upcoming week is Affirm Holdings, which will release earnings data aftermarket Thursday, May 12th.
- While there was a demand dip recently, PI mentions are still trending at +37% YoY.
- With the Buy Now Pay Later trend showing strength at +70% YoY, there are positives, despite shares currently at all-time lows.
Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG):
- Chipotle reported Q1 earnings in late April, beating analyst estimates, but it hasn’t helped the stock.
- Shares are down 22.5% this year, and mentions or consumer buzz has been steadily declining for a number of years.
- Overall Mentions are on track to close the current quarter at -8% QoQ and +15% YoY.
Watch us talk in-depth about these names on the TD Ameritrade Network at 12:20 ET Monday-Friday.